Homepage / About
The CHINOOK is an industrial grade inspection ROV with a wide range of capabilities. Explore depths of 300 m (1,000 ft) with the standard vehicle or 600 m (2,000 ft) with the deep water version.
A true workhorse, the CHINOOK offers a stable platform yet remains compact. With its small profile, the CHINOOK can operate in tight places and is easily stowed when not in use. Multiple handles and frame cross members allow two people to handle this ROV with ease.
For greater versatility, customize your CHINOOK by adding accessories such as extra thrusters, navigational and search- ing aids, manipulators, tool skids and more.
• Lightweight and portable
• Runs off of standard mains AC (110 or 240 VAC)
• Can be operated from the shore, a dock, or a relatively small boat
• Easy deployment, operation and recovery
• Open frame and modular components
• Rugged construction; field-repairable twisted pair tether, or, high-bandwidth fiber-optic tether • Delivered in four portable PelicanTM cases
• Customizable platform for tooling and sensors
• UPGRADES AVAILABLE: Scanning sonar, multibeam sonar, and more!
TARGET INDUSTRY USES FEATURES
• Forensics/Search and Recovery • Hydro Dam Inspection
• Marine Security
• Pipeline Inspection
• Potable Water
• Marine Research
• Structural Analysis
• Salvage Operations
• Intuitive controller
• High-resolution color, zoom camera
• Variable speed & directional ROV control
• Integrated controller with LCD monitor & Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
• Manual and automatic camera focus control
• Depth-rated to 300 m (1000 ft) or 600 m (2,000 ft) with deep-water
• Up to six (6) powerful thrusters
• Auto depth, auto heading functions • Leak detection warning system
• Electric wind tether reel
• Sonar integration
• 3D positioning and tracking system integration
• Auxiliary LED lighting
• Dual-function gripper (open/close and jaw rotation) and/or cutter • Skid-mount instrumentation or tooling platforms
• CT / UT probe integration
• Auto altitude
ROV systems are used extensively worldwide by the police, coastguard, military, television companies, and the offshore industry.
Our ROV and team are ready for immediate mobilization 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
In many areas, engineering inspections and maintenance surveys are dreaded and often put off for lack of funding. Sending divers into structures, pipelines, drinking water tanks, etc has long been the practice for inspecting the structures, but it is dangerous and can pose health risks. Now, more clients are looking into alternative methods to conduct inspections and surveys that can co-exist with divers and make photographic and video inspections safer, more affordable, and more frequent.
“This mini remote control underwater vehicle is the most effective, safest and economical way to carry out subsea inspection work today”
We have the answer...
High-Resolution Side Scan Sonar Surveys
The StarFish range has gained worldwide recognition as the most compact, affordable, towed side scan sonars for the professional underwater survey industry. The full-body, three-fin, hydrodynamic design of the StarFish systems challenge the common cylindrical or torpedo-shape of traditional side scan sonars. The unique shape of the StarFish systems dramatically improves the stability of the sonar and consequently the quality of the images it produces. Furthermore, the advanced digital CHIRP (Compressed High Intensity Radar Pulse) acoustic techniques used by StarFish systems offer better range resolution compared to conventional, fixed-frequency side scan sonars. Building on the success of the original StarFish 450F, the StarFish 990F is the ultimate high-resolution side scan sonar for extreme image definition and target detection. The sonar uses a high frequency 1MHz CHIRP transmission with extremely narrow horizontal acoustic beam to provide the sharpest, most defined images. With 35m range capability on each channel (70m total swathe coverage), the sonar is ideal for high-resolution survey in ports & harbours, inland waterways such as rivers and canals and excels when used for SAR (Search And Recovery/Rescue) operations.
Commercial Workboat Charter
- Cygnus Beach Worker Boat Specifications
- “DISCOVERY” is a 26-foot ocean whaler.
- This custom built commercial vessel is fitted out for all levels of commercial diving, ROV & sonar surveys.
- Length 8.2 Meters, Draft 1 Meter, Beam 2.3 Meter, Weight 4000 lbs, Propulsion 175 hp V6 Johnson Outboard Motor
- Lowrance 16 Mile 3G Digital Broadband Radar, Humminbird, Side Imaging Sonar, GPS, Chart Plotter, Icom VHF Radio, Tritech Starfish 675kHz Side Scan Sonar
- Vessel Cruising speed of 25 knots.
- Fully Road Transportable on a 10,000 lb Trailer.